A Beginner Sewing Machine
Quick Stats for Brother LS 2125i: (Back To Top)
Notable Features and Highlights: (Back To Top)
The Brother LS 2125i features 10 built-in sewing stitches, each with multiple stitch functions. This means that you have the ability to vary them slighty: sew straight, satin or zigzag stitches.
To select a stitch, simply turn the pattern selection dial in either direction to the the desired stitch type.
The Straight Stitches (6) have varying stitch lengths and are used for top stitching and sewing lightweight fabrics. It is recommended to sew using the Straight Stitch at the beginning and end of the Zigzag Stitches (2, 3 or 4).
The Satin Stitch (5) can be used for making decorative stitches.
The Shell Tuck Stitch (9) can be used to sew a picot (lace-like) edge on a lightweight fabric.
The Elastic Stitch (10) can be used in 3 ways: mending, sewing elastic or joining fabric.
There is also an automatic 4-step buttonholemaker. Buttonhole-making is a simple process; however, it is recommended that you practice on a scrap piece of fabric before attempting it on the actual garment. When making buttonholes on soft fabrics, place stabilizer material on the underside of the fabric.
Directly to the right of the stitch selection dial is the Buttonhole Fine Adjustment Screw. If the stitching on the two sides of the buttonhole do not appear uniform, adjustments can be made that allows both sides of the buttonhole to appear uniform.
Here is a list of all the stitch pattern names and their assigned numbers:
Additional Machine Features
There are a total of 4 easy to snap on and off presser feet.
You can easily convert to Free-Arm Style for sewing hard-to-reach areas on clothing. To change your machine to the free-arm style, lift up on the extension table and pull it out. Included in the extension table is the accessory storage compartment.
To sew in reverse, press down the Reverse Sewing Lever as far as possible and hold it in that position while lightly stepping on the foot controller. To sew forward, release the reverse sewing lever. Reverse sewing is used for locking and reinforcing seams.
You also have the option of twin-needle sewing; use the same color or two different colors of thread for decorative stitches. Be sure that the two upper threads used for threading the twin needle have the same weight otherwise the stitching may not be consistent.
Place the darning plate on the needle plate for darning as well as light monogramming and embroidery. With the darning plate on the machine, the feed dogs will not move the fabric. You control the fabric movement with your hands.
Reviewer Feedback: (Back To Top)
- Very easy to use
- Great for simple or infrequent sewing projects
- Good machine for children and youth to learn on
- Compact and lightweight, great for beginners
- Good value for the price
- Fairly light weight and easy to use but would not recommend for anything beyond basic straight stitching
- The instructions are a bit difficult to decipher at first; there are several different languages printed next to each other, difficult to find the English in sequence.
- The machine goes a little too fast when you first start it.
- It is noisy
- Thread tends to tangle and jam easily when sewing
- The machine has a hard time handling thicker fabrics
The Brother LS 2125i is an easy to use, lightweight sewing machine that is good for a beginner sewer or a child to learn on. With 10 built-in sewing stitches, an automatic buttonhole maker, free-arm convertible feature, it is perfect for simple sewing, mending or projects for your home.
Video Review: (Back To Top)
Manual and Warranty: (Back To Top)
Extras: (Back To Top)
Accessories in the Box
4 Included Presser Feet
*General Purpose Foot
*Button sewing Foot
Care and Maintenance Tips for This Machine
- Be sure to read the manual carefully, especially on how to thread the machine as improper threading is a main reason for thread jamming and bunching.
- It’s very important to clean and oil the machine regularly as directed in the manual. (You can use an air canister to spray the fuzz that collects).
Products For Brother LS 2125i: (Back To Top)
You may be interested in some of the products below. Click links or images to view details and pricing: